In Minecraft Pocket Edition (MCPE), an automated farm is a contraption that allows you to grow crops and harvest them without the need for manual labor. Automated farms can be a great way to save time and make the farming aspect of the game more efficient. Here’s a guide on how to make an automated farm in MCPE:
- Gather materials: Before you can start building your automated farm, you will need to gather the materials you will need. You will need wooden planks, levers, redstone dust, and any type of crops you want to grow (wheat, carrots, beetroot, etc.).
- Build a platform: First, build a platform for your farm. This will be the base of your automated farm, and should be big enough to accommodate the number of crops you want to grow.
- Add water: Next, add water to your platform. You will need to surround the platform with water, either by using a water bucket or by finding a nearby body of water.
- Add crops: Once you have the water in place, you can add the crops you want to grow. Make sure to leave enough space between the crops so that they have room to grow.
- Add redstone dust: Next, add redstone dust to the platform. This will be used to power the farm’s automation. Make sure to place the redstone dust in such a way that it connects to all the crops.
- Add levers: Finally, add levers to the redstone dust. These levers will be used to activate the automated farm. You can place the levers wherever you like, but it’s often easiest to place them at the edge of the platform.
- Activation: Once you have all the components in place, you can activate the farm by pulling the levers. This will cause the crops to grow and can be harvested automatically.
With this automated farm, you will be able to grow crops and harvest them without the need for manual labor, saving you time and effort. You can also customize the farm with hoppers, droppers, and other redstone contraptions to make it more efficient. With a little bit of creativity and experimentation, you can create an automated farm that is tailored to your specific needs.
Keep in mind that this is just a basic example, and there are many different variations of automated farms that you can build in MCPE. Some players use more complex systems such as a hopper clock to activate the farm and make it more efficient. Also, remember that you need to keep the farm clean of any kind of mobs that could damage the farm, and keep an eye on the water source to make sure it doesn’t dry up.